At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Identify constructive and destructive behavioral responses to conflict.
• Understand the difference between active and passive responses to conflict.
• Gain insight about one’s own response to conflict.
• Apply new strategies for resolving conflict.
Understanding Human Behaviour
• Where does behaviour come from?
• Our two minds
• The emotional hijack
• Emotional stimulus and response
• The attitude and behaviour cycle
• Thomas Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument
• Recognise different styles of conflict
• The advantages of each conflict style
• Recognise your own preferred way of dealing with conflict
• Identify the impact of different conflict styles
Strategies for Handling Conflict in the Workplace
• Identify where you focus your attention and energy
• Role of managing conflict in the workplace
• Current conflict resolution strategies
• The three different types of behaviour
• Non verbal elements of influencing and assertiveness
• Apply the assertiveness model to a conflict scenario
• Stating desired outcomes