By the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Describe the role and responsibilities of the Human Resource professional.
• Examine the fundamental processes of recruitment and selection, and explore the steps of each stage in the process.
• Practice the skills of behavioural based interviewing techniques.
• Identify fair practices in Human Resources to promote engagement and employee performance.
• Apply coaching skills as an employee development and management tool.
• Recognise when the disciplinary procedure is required and the process of progressive disciplinary.
• Revise the key elements of a Performance Evaluation and define a performance objective.
• Examine motivational factors and reward management processes and how they contribute towards employee engagement and retaining talent.
The Role of HRM in an organization
• What is Human Resource Management?
• Key functions of Human Resources
• Strategies of Talent Management
• The Human Resource Model
Competency Based Human Resource Management
• Definition of a Competency
• Why Competencies are important?
• Types of Competencies
• The Benefits of a Competency Framework
• Basic Design and Development of a Competency Framework
• Introduction to Recruitment and Selection
• Recruitment and Selection Definitions
• Recruitment and Selection Pitfalls
• Adding Value to the Recruitment Process – Defining Key Competencies
• Writing Effective Job Descriptions
• Effective C.V Screening
• Behavioural Based Interviewing Techniques
• Different Types of Interviews
• Using Interview Assessment Tools
• Post Interview Evaluation
• The Key Principles of On-Boarding and Induction
Developing and Managing Talent
• Definition and Elements of Employee Relations
• The Difference between Coaching, Counselling and Mentoring
• Coaching and Mentoring Skills
• The Benefits of using Coaching with Employees
• Applying the GROW Model in Coaching
Managing Disciplinary Issues
• Fair Practices
• Definition of a Code of Conduct & What Needs to be Included
• The Difference between Progressive Disciplinary and Instant Dismissal
• Disciplinary Procedures
• Effectively Dealing with Disciplinary Issues
• Conducting a Disciplinary Interview
• Deciding and Implementing Disciplinary Action
• Holding an Appeal
• Implementing an Effective Personal Improvement Plan (PIP)
• Giving Constructive Feedback
• Importance of Succession Planning in an Organization
• The Five Stages of Developing a Succession Plan
• The Disadvantages of not having a Succession Plan
• Performance Reviews
• Conducting an Effective Performance Evaluation
• The Bell Curve
• Defining SMART Performance Objectives
• Identifying Training Needs and Developing Effective Training Plans
• An Overview of Reward Management
• The Definition of Motivation
• How Motivation Impacts Performance
• Creating a Motivational Culture
• Retaining Your Talent
• Ways to Improve Retention
• Conducting Exit Interviews