By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
• Analyse your audience and tailor your delivery accordingly.
• Create and deliver presentations that are memorable and generate maximum impact.
• Review planning and design techniques to ensure your presentation content is clearly structured.
• Identify visual aids and resources that support your message and drive effectiveness.
• Apply body language and movement with intention and purpose when delivering presentations and public speaking engagements.
• Acquire new techniques to immediately capture your audience and maintain their attention.
• Implement the newly acquired skills immediately through practical application.
The Fundamentals of a Powerful Presenter
• Confronting your biggest fears in public speaking and presenting
• The key ingredients that make a powerful presentation
• Common presentation pitfalls
• The 5 Habits of highly effective presenters
• Performing a needs analysis before presenting
• Audience profiling – what you need to consider?
• Identifying key questions and concerns
Designed for Results
• The power of persuasion – applying the AIDA model
• Defining your purpose – what would like to achieve?
• Developing presentation content
• Selecting and adapting appropriate resources, which support your presentation
• Designing content on slides – using visuals more than words
• Applying the 10-20-30 rule to a business presentation
Mastering the Skills
• Powerful openings – ‘hooking’ your audience from the start
• The art of storytelling
• Encouraging audience participation
• Engage the audience with questions
• Impactful endings of a presentation
Bringing it all Together
• Throughout this two-day program, participants are required to deliver several presentations. Feedback is given immediately after each presentation, identifying areas of strength and areas of development. The feedback is also presented to each participant in document format, allowing participants to focus on their areas of development upon returning to the workplace.
• Each presentation is video recorded on camera. Copies of the recorded presentations are given to each participant so they can self-reflect on their performance and identify action plans for ongoing and continuous improvement.