• Identify the characteristics of a professional trainer.
• Explain the fundamentals of adult learning.
• Describe the preferred learning styles and the delivery methods to appeal to each of the learning styles.
• Describe all aspects of the training cycle.
• Write training aims and effective learning objectives with clearly defined outcomes.
• Use alternatives to lecturing, by applying training activities and strategies for different learning needs.
• Develop effective questioning techniques to engage your learners.
• Deliver an effective training session in an adult learning environment, using visual aids to support the learning.
• Evaluate learning effectiveness to determine the impact of training intervention.
The Learning Process
• The role of the trainer
• Learning, training and development – what is the difference?
• The Learning Organization
• The Fundamental Principles Of Adult Learning
• The learning domains
• The elements of learning
• Levels of learning
• VARK learning styles
• The training cycle
• A systematic approach to training
Training Needs Analysis
• Definition of Training Needs Analysis
• Who is involved in the analysis?
• The key questions to drive the analysis
• Data collection and outcomes of the analysis
Designing Your Training Program
• Identifying the purpose/aim of a training program
• Developing learning objectives and measurable outcomes
• The knowledge, skills and behaviours your audience needs to achieve
• Identifying the content for your training program to meet your learning objectives
• Structuring your training content in a logical sequence
Selecting Training Methods
• Describe the required outcomes of learning
• Different types of training methods
• Different types of learning methods
• Selecting the right methods for your training session
• Developing and using training aids to support your content
• Plan and structure teaching/learning and assessment activities
• Select and adapt appropriate resources and training methods for your training
Developing A Training Plan
• Practice developing training plans using the ROPES model
• Formatting a session plan to ensure training consistency
• Structure a training plan in a way that encourages, consolidates & assesses learning
Delivering An Effective Training Program
• Identifying the resources/items required for a training course
• Kicking off your training session to maximize impact & gain your audience’s attention
• Icebreakers to bring the audience together & start your training session on a positive
• Presentation and facilitation skills that engage and encourage participation
• Responding to your learners signals
• Strategies for effectively handling a problem situation
• Different types of questions to involve learners
• Responding to learners questions
• Applying the summary principle at the end of each training session
• Giving formal feedback to learners
Measuring The Success
• The principles of assessment
• Summative assessments
• Formative assessments
• Applying the VARCSO criteria for assessments to be accurate
• Designing an appropriate assessment activity to be used in your training session
• Evaluating training effectiveness using the Kirkpatrick Model
Delivering an Effective Training Session
• Applying the learning practically with a 20 minute training session